Friday, November 7, 2008

I was going to work the other day,...

...the day after the US elected it's new president. An elderly black woman walked by me and gave me a friendly smile. Nothing wrong with that, right. But, the monkeybrain inside me started wondering what would happen if I congratulate her for Barack Obama winning the election. Would I be accused of being a racist for assuming that she would be overjoyed at his election simply because of their common racial identity? I think not. As Jerry Seinfeld would say, "If I like their race, how can that be racist?" ;)

3 comments:

Mahita said...

Glad u did not have to find that out!! Either option would have been a disaster! :-|
SO, how did the epic change America???

Pramodini said...

hehe....should have wished her so that we would have known the outcome of your wishes then and there...lol!
Never knew that you are a blogger.gud going!

Mahita said...

Sri,

you have been tagged:

http://daily-sunshine.blogspot.com/2008/11/tag-i-me-and-myself-past-present-and.html